Faculty and staff can serve as Sustainability Ambassadors for their departments or administrative units. The ambassador network strives to create a more sustainable KU by generating new ideas, establishing partnerships, and sharing information about sustainable research and practices with the campus community.
Sustainability ambassador meetings are held twice a semester (four per academic year), during which members learn about campus sustainability initiatives, tour sustainable features on campus and in the community, and collaborate on solutions to the challenges we face as a campus. The expectations and opportunities of ambassadors are listed below.
- attend 1-2 meetings per academic year
- represent CFS and its activities to a designated group of peers and/or colleagues
- provide feedback to CFS from these groups
- assist CFS in promoting campus sustainability initiatives
- network across campus
- shape the campus and workplace environment
- work with peers to create positive change
- provide a meaningful service to the University
- receive regular updates on sustainability-related activities
There are 80 departments and programs actively represented by a Sustainability Ambassador and we are constantly seeking to grow this network. If you are interested in serving as a sustainability ambassador, please email the Center for Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org.