Pedal Your Way to Wellness
There are many ways that riding your bike can improve personal and community wellness.
From May through September 2017, KU employees can even earn credits in the HealthQuest Rewards Program* by riding their bike!
Start pedaling your way to a healthier tomorrow by signing up and logging rides now! Here's how:
- Sign up for the National Bike Challenge at www.nationalbikechallenge.org and join the University of Kansas club (see instructions below).
- Log 1 ride over the course of the challenge to earn 1 HealthQuest credit
- Log 2 rides a week over an 8-week period to earn 4 HealthQuest credits
*In order for the HealthQuest program to verify your rides, you must use the central tracking platform and be sure to log your rides!
Here’s how to join the KU National Bike Challenge club (step 1 above):
- Visit www.nationalbikechallenge.org and click “Join the Challenge”. This link will take you to the Strava site, where you will log your rides.
- Sign up for Strava (or log in if you already have an account).
- Once in Strava search for “University of Kansas” to find and join our club. (In the app, click on “Explore” to find the club)
- Join the club and start logging rides. You can log them using the Strava app, entering them manually on the website, or uploading them from other apps or devices.
If you have questions specifically about earning HealthQuest credits through biking, or about the tracking steps detailed here, you can email email@example.com or call 785-864-5398.